Updated: 5 February 2020
Philpot Education B.V. respects the privacy of the visitors of its website and promises to treat all collected data carefully and assures that privacy is guaranteed.
This Policy sets out the terms on which we will hold and process any personal data that we hold as a data controller. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your data, you can contact us using the contact details below.
Please read this Policy carefully. By contracting with us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be used in accordance with this Policy.
The responsible party for the processing of personal data is Philpot Education B.V., located at Nicolaes Maesstraat 2 - 105, 1506 LB, Zaandam, the Netherlands, registered under 67513859 at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. Postal address: Parallelweg 52, 1541 BB Koog aan de Zaan, the Netherlands.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications. You can access the privacy controls via My Profile by logging in via your account https://www.philpot.education/login/ or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when you become our client or supplier, or contact us in person, by telephone, by e-mail, by post, or by social media.
We also collect information from you when you voluntarily complete client surveys, enter a competition or promotion, provide feedback or complete a contact form on our website.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website by means of cookies.
Information may also be collected about you when you visit our website (for example via cookies), such as your IP address and other browser-generated information.
What information do we collect and how do we use it
To be able to supply you with our services we will ask you for your information if you sign up for one of our products (workshop, meeting, online resources). The account data may include your name and e-mail address, subject, teaching experience, school, school’s contact details and invoicing information.
For the purposes of administrating and prepararing for a workshop, we (including the workshop leader) will need to contact you via email to pass on workshop-specific information before, during and after the workshop. We may also contact you via e-mail about future workshops which may be interest to you and/or your colleagues. All such mailings will have an option to unsubscribe.
Philpot Education reserves the rights to take photographs and/or make video recording during the workshops for the use of digital and/or printed promotional materials. Any objections to this may be voiced prior to and during the workshop.
Disclosure of your information
Philpot Education may need to provide some of that personal information to the workshop venue of an event for security purposes. If Philpot Education is obliged to do so by law, data will be passed on to legal and/or tax authorities.
We will not disclose your information to third parties other than as outlined above.
Storage of data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, as set out above in this Policy, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
You can update your personal data by contacting us.
You have the following rights which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- to access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- to prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- to obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
- in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to require us to transmit that data to another data controller where technically feasible;
- to be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing;
- to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used; and
- to withdraw your consent to any use by us of your personal data otherwise than for one of the legitimate purposes set out above.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time. Any substantive changes we make to our Policy in the future will be notified to you in writing, but we would advise you to check our website regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most up-to-date version.
If you have any queries, comments or requests regarding this Policy or would like to exercise any of your rights set out above, you can contact us at:
Post: Philpot Education B.V., Parallelweg 52, 1541BB, Koog aan de Zaan, the Netherlands.
If we cannot resolve your concerns, you may report a concern to the Dutch Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens at https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en for further information about your rights.